See also (on this website):
Genealogy Site Map
Marriages between the Gragg and Baird families of Watauga
County, North Carolina.
There were at least three marriages between the Baird and Gragg families in
Here is how the Bairds are related:
- Ezekiel Baird was the father of Bedent and William Baird, and came to North
Carolina from New Jersey.
- Bedent Baird married Mary Harmon, a daughter of Cutliff Harman. Their children:
- Delilah, Franklin, Alexander, Euclid, Blodgett, Palmer, and Rittenhouse
- Euclid Baird married Louisa Council, daughter of Jordan Council the First.
- Benjamin (married Celia Gragg), John, Hiram (died in the Civil
War), Thomas, Sarah, Charlotte, Mary (married Hiram Gragg)
- Rittenhouse Baird married Rachel Louisa Council. Their child:
- William B. (married Eliza Gragg)
- So Benjamin and Mary Baird were brother and sister, and William B. Baird
was their cousin.
Here is how the Graggs are related:
- John D. Gragg married Elizabeth Majors. Their children:
- Tilman, Tipton, Nelson, John, Major, Nicy, and Elisha
- Nelson Gragg married Violet Greene. Their children:
- Elizabeth, Amity, Hiram (married Mary Baird), Lucinda, Edmon,
Spencer, Martha, and Amanda
- John Gragg married Malinda Curtis.
- Nancy, Celia (married Benjamin F. Baird), Temper, Louisa Ann
(married William B. Baird), Susan, Sophia, Thomas, Clarisa, William, and
- So Celia and Louisa Ann Gragg were sisters, and Hiram Gragg was their cousin.
Sources of information for this page: